Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Golden Bird

A dear friend wrote this amazing, lovely poem and I thought to share it with you:


From my Beloved eyes, through my eyes,
the fiery Grace of passions truth has appeared,
a golden bird of prey above me, ready to strike,
demanding I answer:
What is this Love, what is loved, her being,
her beauty, the scent of her breath,
what intent do we hold for one another?
Embracing, entangled, falling quickly together,
I behold my love, naked in body, naked in heart,
with such piercing vividness-
I could never describe
This bliss,
hidden sadness, her being,
her beauty, the scent of her breath, the taste of her mouth...
The fiery Grace of passions truth has appeared before me,
she is a radiant golden woman, ready to strike,
she demands I answer,
what is this Love?

C.R. Canale, January 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment