Friday, July 2, 2010

The Prophet Paul... Paul Simon, That Is

So, like, OMG! The other day, I read that Tipper and Al Gore are divorcing. I always knew Tipper was way cooler than her man. I mean, I can't imagine that Al is the life of the party, no offense, big fellah, but your wife hangs out with dudes from the Grateful Dead and is said to be not-so-bad on the drums. Anyway, yesterday, I read that police are reopening a criminal sexual assault case against the former U.S. Vice President of which the complainant claims that she was called to Al Gore's hotel suite to massage a guy named "Mr. Stone" at Hotel Lucia in October of 2006. When she arrived, she introduced herself as the therapist and gave her name and credentials and he responded, "Call me Al."

Well, Al requested an abdominal massage, which, according to the therapist and my own massage therapist friends, is quite unusual. You can read the entire police complaint in its entirety at the Guardian where one discovers, especially those of us who are rather empathic as to be able to place ourselves in another's shoes... or in this case, feel another's fear and horror as Frankenstein attempts to grope her.

So, I hafta tell you, I was dying... "You Can Call Me Al" the song from Paul Simon's album, Graceland, which was coincidentally released in October (the same month as Gore's improprieties occurred), foretells Gore's crimes nearly twenty years to the day! And the lyrics, oh the lyrics! Just feast your eyes on this:

A man walks down the street
He says why am I soft in the middle now
Why am I soft in the middle
The rest of my life is so hard
I need a photo-opportunity
I want a shot at redemption
Don't want to end up a cartoon
In a cartoon graveyard

Gone Gone
He ducked back down the alley
With some roly-poly little bat-faced girl
All along along
There were incidents and accidents
There were hints and allegations


Holy Shit, Paul Simon is a prophet. I don't even know what to say... speechless. What would be even better is if the chorus, instead of saying, "I can call you Betty and Betty, when you call me, you can call me Al," was really to say, "You can call me Daddy and baby, when you call me, you can call me Al." I must now listen to all of Prophet Paul's music in search for, what promises to be, more fortune-telling gems like this one. 'cause, Ladies and Gentleman, this is no coincidence! The song even ends in amens and hallelujahs... it's time to pray to Paul, y'all.

You can't escape the Prophet Paul, Al, your story has already been told and your fate, sealed.

Enough said:


:-) (there is a YouTube video posted above this, I was told that some of you PC users are unable to view it, so here is the link just in case it's not embedded here)

1 comment :